The Smelly Cheese

A pragmatic take on the most foul stuff on the planet: politics.

TLA

Thank You Mr. Ellsbury for my "free taco."

Written by Captain Spork on 3:06 PM



I like the Red Sox a lot. Though they become less lovealbe each time they win a world series, it's hard not to root for a dude like Manny Ramirez (the guy is a goddamn human hitting clinic). Manny's dreads, Big Poppi's infectious attitude, not to mention a group of young pitchers that have flamethrowers for arms... and of course "The Nation." Second to living and dying by my own team, I find nothing more satisfying that watching a "sawx" fan lament every moment of every inning. So, I give a belated congratulations to the mighty Red Sox juggenaut.




More importantly, I would like to thank a certain Jacoby Ellsbury for stealing a base and winning America free tacos. While young Mr. Ellsbury's efforts for implementing a lost art of base stealing should be applauded, Taco Bell's implementation of the "free taco" giveaway left more to be desired. Apparently, you could get a free taco from a Taco Bell restaurant between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. on October 30th through the "Steal a base, steal a taco" promotion. http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/10/31/ellsbury_scores_with_fans_at_steal_a_taco_promotion/


What I didn't realize is that this "free taco," was only available at franchises that chose to "participate." Not suprisingly, the entire Central Valley only seems to acknowledge one sport and one sports franchise, the Sacramento Kings. This is the only plausible explanation as to why not one, but two separate Taco Bell locations had no clue what the hell I was talking about when I asked for my "free taco." Uh...? Have you heard of a little thing called the World Series? It's kind of a big deal. It was on Fox for about a week. Ring any bells? Alas, I had to imagine my free taco and settle for a purchased chicken quesadilla because I don't have all afternoon to drive around until I find a fucking Taco Bell that's managed by someone who's actually heard of "baseball."

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ Thank You Mr. Ellsbury for my "free taco." ”

Sponsors