The Smelly Cheese

A pragmatic take on the most foul stuff on the planet: politics.

TLA

Chris Matthews' sad, sad life...

Written by Captain Spork on 5:12 PM

In light of the above video, I think Jon Stewart was indeed correct... Chris Matthews has no soul left. For those who didn't get a chance to view this wonderful slice of comeuppance, please enjoy Jon Stewart verbally bitch-slapping Chris Matthews' "life is a campaign" philosophy.
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/64309/

For those who don't know who Matthews is he's the Washington D.C. talk-show host of MSNBC's Hardball that has completely lost all perspective on life outside of politics. According to Matthews every aspect of life is a campaign. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Matthews I've been a fan of Matthews for a long time and I enjoyed his style of interviewing when he had some sense of balance and appropriate behavior. Unfortunately, Chris lost himself somewhere between 9/11 and the swiftboat guys for truth. Matthews believes that everyone is effectively some kind of lobbyist or politician with some kind and that everything has a "spin" to it. Worse yet, he's become friends with all of the people that he interviews and thus his show has become Slow-pitch Beer League Ball.

I wonder what dinner is like at the Matthews' table.

Mrs. Matthews: Chris, Julie made the cheerleading squad today. Isn't that Great?

Matthews (peering at his daughter with an uncertain smile): I don't know honey, I mean Julie has a great attitude but can she really translate well to the whole school on gameday.

Mrs. Matthews: Chris! I will not have you talk about our daughter that way, stop being an asshole!

Matthews: No, no. Honestly, I'm obligated to love Julie but when I look at her history I don't see the kind of candidate that can captain a cheer squad.

Julie: Wow dad, thanks for all the support.

Mrs. Matthews: That's it! You're sleeping on the couch!

Matthews (with entire family leaving the room): Hey, let's be real for second. Julie's a cute girl but she's at a genetic disadvantage with me as father. I just think pep squad is a more realistic goal...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ Chris Matthews' sad, sad life... ”

Sponsors