The Smelly Cheese

A pragmatic take on the most foul stuff on the planet: politics.

TLA

Transformers: More than one DVD.

Written by Captain Spork on 6:27 PM


I saw the movie. I enjoyed it because A.) I'm a nerd and B.) I like movies that have large explosions. Yes, it was a typical piece of shit Michael Bay "film," but it was called Transformers. That is enough for me to buy the dvd. Aaaahhh, but is there one official Transformers disc-set that will give me the ultimate experience? No.


Walmart: Two-disc special edition with a bonus disc that has a "prequel" to the actual movie. That sounds pretty damn awesome. Though I don't know if I want to subject myself to the depression of actually stepping inside the Walmart, let alone stand in line behind a woman that's buying a 50-pack of Jimmy Dean pancake & sausage on-a-stick... the jumbo size variety (Yeah, they did it).


Best Buy: An exclusive two-disc gift set with an official movie lithograph and two plastic 2-inch transformers figurines. The lithograph sets my nerd-alert off, but I've seen the figurines and they're not exactly going to appreciate as a "collectible."


Target: The two disc set is encased in an actual "transforming" 15-inch Optimus Prime. Sure it's probably not as cool as an actual transformer toy but that's a pretty ingenious marketing ploy.


My verdict: Target wins. They actually infused "transforming" into the product. Plus you can most likely leave the store without impulse buying 40 lbs of cat litter, a new cell phone or a hide-a-bed.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ Transformers: More than one DVD. ”

Sponsors