The Smelly Cheese

A pragmatic take on the most foul stuff on the planet: politics.

TLA

Rome wasn't built in a day: AKA Voter's remorse.

Written by Captain Spork on 11:50 AM


I want Barack Obama to be our next president. I've donated $100 of my lower middleclass income to "put my money where my mouth is." At the request of the Obama campaign I've also donated my time by emailing other registered voters and "cold-calling," other Obama supporters to donate their time to do the same. I even drove 2 1/2 hours to make sure my absentee ballot was counted for Obama in the primary (Fun Fact#327: If you change your address at the DMV and fill out a new voter registration don't bank on that info getting updated anytime soon).

I don't mention this because I want a pat on the back, in fact I'm more than willing to engage in my civic duty as an American citizen. I mention this because my relationship with Mr. Barack Obama seems to be of the "one-way," variety. Obama's people have really latched on to this whole JFK comparision and used his "Ask not what your country can do for you..." shtick a little too much. I've done my job as an Obama supporter by donating my funds, my time and most importantly voting. What do I get in return? More calls and emails informing me that another generous donation is more urgent than ever, because the "tide is changing," and a "movement is upon us." Really Barack? I make about 30K a year. Do you want the pink slip for my car too?

I say nay, good sir. I've done something for you and I think it's about time you do something for me. It doesn't have to be big, just a small gesture. How about a free bumper sticker? Or a hat? Too much... how's about a pen? No... a pencil? The point is I just busted my hump in California, one the most importan states in the Union and you didn't even take the state. What the fuck man? If you can't get more votes than the an old white lady in California how the hell are you gonna convince Clyde in Louisiana and Jimbo from Texas that you're their man. Actually, know that I think about it... Barack you totally fucked for the general election.

But I still believe in you, man.
Keep it together and stay strong.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 1 comments: Responses to “ Rome wasn't built in a day: AKA Voter's remorse. ”

  2. By abrupt on 5:46 AM

    yeah it`s like the guy who hit me up at quickstop. said he just got out of prison and needed a couple of bucks for bart.so I reach in my pocket , $12 so I hand him $2. He looks at me and says "Can I have the ten?" WTF ! and I walked away,thinking that`s me,!SUCKER!

Sponsors